Fresh Morels with Soba, Tamari and Herbs
Makes dinner for two
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely sliced
- 100g fresh morels, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- a handful of dried arame (about 5g), soaked in warm water for about 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 200g soba, cooked al dente
- furikake to sprinkle
In a wok or a large frying pan, heat the oils and fry the onion over a low heat for a few minutes. Add the morels and garlic, and keep cooking and occasionally stirring the vegetables with a wooden spatula to cook them slowly and evenly. Add the arame and herbs after two minutes, then the tamari after another minute. Turn up the heat and add the soba noodles plus a little water if necessary to keep the ingredients from sticking. Keep stirring all the time.
Serve piping hot sprinkled with furikake, with a side salad of grated carrots, beets and watercress.